Wednesday, December 12, 2007

News, December 2007

The last two months have seen even more change. Soul Review Board, for example, never did play the October 19 gig at the Rainbow, because it had not been promoted enough and because we had had difficulties securing a drummer. Rather than folding outright, the band went on indefinite hiatus. And Hotter than Ice still has yet to resume operations.

Meanwhile, Uwe Liefländer and the Sacred Music Society continue to keep me busy. We are currently completing preparations for a two-performance Christmas concert on December 14 and 15, which will feature the SMS’ own Sinfonia Sacra Orchestra and the World Youth Day Choir, along with Sparrows choirs from Ottawa and Peterborough and the adult choir of the SMS’ Ottawa branch.

While this work has to some degree kept me from finding time to keep my creative juices flowing, I’ve still been doing some composition. Uwe will be reducing my work hours in the new year in order to help cut back on his expenses, though, and I should then be able to devote more time to my solo career. I’m also in the process of upgrading my multitrack audio equipment, so that I can record and release my new material. This involves getting a new desktop computer, which I hope to have by the end of this month.

The Christmas season is usually a busy time of year for us all, but let’s not forget that there are those who will be having difficulty getting through the holidays--the lonely, the bereaved, the less fortunate. I believe that when we celebrate the holidays, we tend to take our fun for granted. These people have no fun at all because they feel left out--they feel as though they are, as Kira puts it, “the half of nothing at all and in the middle of the ice”. Let’s all do our part to help warm their hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home